Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taking A Family Vote For Photo of the Day

After my display of geekiness yesterday, I'm going photo heavy today! I took on my challenge and with the aid of sunshine for the first time in MANY days, a swing, and my 70-200 lens we headed into the garden. He played while I sat at a distance willing myself to use a focal length less than 200mm.

We took a family vote to decide on THE photo of the day. The 5 year old criteria for selection is always straight forward, no holds barred.  Dad thinks a little more strategically and Mom always goes for the emotion. 

These are my favorite type of 365 photos. Just the natural flow of life as it unfolds.

Which is your pick? I'll share the final family choice tomorrow!






14 comments:

Mary Rogers said...

#3 or #5 - I couldn't decide.

Laura in CT said...

I love the awesome everyday-ness to all of these, Katrina! That last one just tugs at me--terrific capture. But I have to say, as a Mom of teens, that phase where they swing on their bellies is so short and sweet. I might just pick the next to last for that reason.

Myra said...

It's gotta be the sepia. We take family votes too.

Anonymous said...

I like them all but the last is my favorate its like will what great thing is he thinking of to talk about..
Love You

dille2@cableone.net said...

His face says it all, going for the big 5!

Carol E said...

3 and 5 ...

Anonymous said...

Love the fifth one.

Laura T. said...

Of course they are all beautiful, but my favorite is the black/white one with your son looking up.

Tiff said...

I like the first one and the last one.

Christi said...

I'm all over #5 but I could and would probably pick another one depending on what was going on in the other ones. For us all we know is that he's playing on the swing. To be there in that moment there is so much more going on. I'm sure he's talking, you're talking, there are bugs and critters, his imagination. For all I know he was flying in a space ship in one of those photos and the story behind the photo would make the difference. Can't wait to hear what the family decided. :)

As an outsider looking in #5 is just lovely.

Kathleen said...

My vote: #5, hands down.

TerryD said...

Hi Katrina,
I like 1 & 4 cute pictures!

DW Quilt Art said...

oh the b&w...definitely the b&w...that expression is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Elo, I'm a freshman. suppose say howdy.

See ya! :) and Thankyou (sorry if this is the wrong thread to put this post)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails