Tuesday, January 04, 2011

So, What do you do when you skip a 365 day?

Is it possible to pick just one of these? He was showing me his happy dance on the way to the zoo this morning. The one on the left is going to be THE photo for the day, but it just makes me smile with the other one next to it!

But what do you do if not every day is a happy dance day? What if (gasp) you miss a day? Here are just a few ideas to consider.


  1. Skip it and move on. No harm, no foul. No one will know and frankly, in twenty years no one will even notice. 
  2. Fudge it a little. Take a photo related to that day, no one will know. Take a photograph of your calendar perhaps?
  3. Make fun of it. Find something fun or tacky to replace the day every time you forget. Perhaps a pink elephant? Or a solid color. Or the ugliest piece of jewelry you own? 
  4. Give up. Don't go forward. Consider yourself a failure. 
Okay, so four isn't really the BEST option, but I had to include it :) 

What is your strategy?

7 comments:

Balinda (RebelChick) said...

I typically do something to represent the day if it's something of my normal routine...if I did the laundry..I would just go snap a photo of some dirty laundry...and if that's not an option...I leave it blank and just journal or in my case last year where I missed weeks at a time...I am just going to do a Month in Review type of thingy...ur still being the keeper of memories and who's to say what's right or wrong.

Deb said...

Thanks for the ideas! I think I may just fudge a bit for the day I already missed - having a cold, I think I'll take a photo of my jumbo bottle of NyQuil. :) But, I'm thinking a screen capture of the calendar day on my iPhone, and maybe a few words about the day that was skipped (assuming I remember that too).

Deirdre (sweet D) said...

Some days I have tons of photos, and other days I have only one. Last year if I missed a day, I borrowed a fave from another day and noted it in my journaling. One of my new year's resolutions is to not miss any days, and I have a lovely iphone 4 now so that I have no excuse for not taking at least one photo every day. Some wise person once said "the best camera is the one you have with you" :0)

Impulsive Addict said...

I would totally pick #4. I'm just having one of those days....

Tammy Robbins said...

Well, we're only 5 days in so I've been succesful so far! I didn't upload mine yesterday, but it's in the camera ready to go. I have wondered what I'll do when I travel for work (have a trip coming up this month) and I can't carry my SLR. I think I'll take a pic with my blackberry, or carry my point and shoot. That's still taking a picture, even though it's not as fun w/o the good camera! Thanks for the tips!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

I just started 365 and have missed january 2nd already.Truthfully I didn't start it until the 4th but thought about not starting cause I didn't have the 2nd. Well anyway I decided that was beside the point and started anyway.

You're right it's the process. Thanks for reminding us.

Tricia D. said...

When I miss a day I usually just use a picture that could go for any day! A picture of something in my house (my cookbooks, our shoes, my dirty scrap room, etc.) or a picture of my puppies are my go-tos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails