Thursday, January 20, 2011

The (Controversial) Winner Of the Family Vote


I was out voted by my family. 

Like many of you, the dreamy sepia tone was my favorite. Artistically, it is the best photo, but this year's project 365 is leaning towards memories.
Christi hit the mark with her comment, "For us all we know is that he's playing on the swing. To be there in that moment there is so much more going on. I'm sure he's talking, you're talking, there are bugs and critters, his imagination. For all I know he was flying in a space ship in one of those photos and the story behind the photo would make the difference."
In this moment he was Bear Grylls parachuting to the ground. I plan on printing the other photo for my photo wall and giving copies to his grandmothers. The one above will go in the 365 book. How can I deny the little adventurer who pointed at the screen and said, "that one, it's got color."The boy likes his color.

I was out voted and I can live with that!

I should have guessed another sunny afternoon would yield another batch of photos, this time a helicopter.  Another day, another 365 decision.

6 comments:

janjan0000 said...

oooh! It's a toss-up between the featured (larger) one and the bottom left.
But they're all excellent!
Shouldn't a grouping like this count as ONE 365 entry? ;)

Esther Andrews said...

I love his imagination! And I agree on the family choice - sorry Katrina!

Haley D. said...

That was such a touch decision yesterday, but the family's vote certainly catches the action. (I LOVE the story behind it; my younger daughter loves Bear and other survival shows!)

I think today's picture should be the collage. It is just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh love that smile and I can just hear him laugh
Mumzy

Anonymous said...

Awesome swing shots, one and all. Have tried to snap a few of my DGK and never seem to get it right. Would love to hear what your process was.

Christi said...

I'm so glad you shared the story behind it. It makes such a difference and I can see why they voted for it. Oh I still love that sepia photo.

Love the grouping you did today. Boy his smile sure is awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails